No products in the cart.
Roll over image to zoom in
Click to open expanded view
Modafinil (Provigil) 200mg 10 blister pack IN STOCK !!
Modafinil, widely known by its brand name Provigil, is a wake-promoting central nervous system (CNS) medication. It plays a crucial role in enhancing wakefulness and attention. While the exact mechanism of its action is not fully understood, it primarily affects areas in the brain responsible for controlling wakefulness and focus.
Common Uses of Modafinil (Provigil)
Modafinil (Provigil) is primarily prescribed to combat excessive sleepiness caused by conditions such as:
- Shift work disorder
- Obstructive sleep apnea
If you are struggling with daytime drowsiness or sleep-related disorders, Modafinil (Provigil) might be a suitable solution.
Modafinil (Provigil) may have some side effects, both common and less common. It’s important to be aware of these when considering this medication.
- Headache (34%)
- Nausea (11%)
- Feeling nervous (7%)
- Runny nose (7%)
- Back Pain (6%)
- Diarrhea (6%)
- Anxiety (5%)
- Dizziness (5%)
- Upset stomach and indigestion (5%)
- Trouble sleeping (5%)
It’s important to remember that some side effects may diminish as your body becomes accustomed to the medication. If you continue to experience these symptoms or if they worsen over time, consult your healthcare provider.
If you are prescribed Modafinil (Provigil), here are some important tips to consider:
- Modafinil (Provigil) helps improve wakefulness, especially for those with obstructive sleep apnea. However, it does not treat the underlying condition. Continue to follow your other prescribed treatments, such as the use of a continuous positive airway pressure (CPAP) machine.
- Modafinil (Provigil) can be taken with or without food. While food does not significantly impact its effectiveness, it might slightly delay its onset.
- For individuals using Modafinil (Provigil) for shift work disorder, take the medication one hour before the start of your work shift and only on days when you work.
- Be aware that Modafinil (Provigil) can affect hormonal birth control methods, potentially reducing their effectiveness. Consult with your healthcare provider about non-hormonal birth control options while taking this medication and for at least one month after discontinuing it.
- Although Modafinil (Provigil) can help combat excessive sleepiness, it is not a substitute for adequate sleep. Continue practicing good sleep habits even while using this medication.
- Modafinil (Provigil) can sometimes cause jitteriness, similar to caffeine. Therefore, it is advisable to limit or avoid caffeine until you understand how this medication affects you.
Is Modafinil (Provigil) safe for the heart?
While rare, there have been reports of heart-related side effects, such as chest pain and irregular heartbeat, in some individuals starting Modafinil (Provigil). It is not recommended for individuals with specific heart conditions, including heart valve problems